Mark 4:14-20 New King James Version
14 The sower sows the word.
15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.
18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,
19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”
Sermon Notes: Spiritual Momentum
I want to share three common mistakes from this text that we as Christians make that stalks or stops our momentum.
1. Forgetting what you heard. The sower sows the word. And when they hear the word its only temporary.
2. Failing to actively grow. Satan will use any means necessary to keep us out of God’s word and our mental, physical tiredness is just a few of them.
3. Getting too busy for God.
Being BUSY is the enemy of being HOLY.
But there’s Three solutions to Spiritual Momentum
1. Publicly declare your faith.
If you want to build momentum, share your testimony. It helps you to remember your commitment to God, when you’ve stated it publicly like that.
2. Learn the basics, and develop habits of growth.
Spiritual growth can happen in your life by choosing to grow through practical habits.
3. Commit yourself to membership and work of your church.
We were formed for fellowship. Instead of getting too busy for God, fellowship will help keep you on track.
Stand on the Word and implant it within yourself and then and only then can you say you have something the devil wants to steal but it’s too protected in your life.